Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Saturday, May 23, 2009

W.B.Yeats - CLOSING RHYME

CLOSING RHYME

i{While I, from that reed-throated whisperer}
i{Who comes at need, although not now as once}
i{A clear articulation in the air,}
i{But inwardly, surmise companions}
i{Beyond the fling of the dull ass's hoof}
i{ -- Ben Jonson's phrase -- and find when June is come}
i{At Kyle-na-no under that ancient roof}
i{A sterner conscience and a friendlier home,}
i{I can forgive even that wrong of wrongs,}
i{Those undreamt accidents that have made me}
i{ -- Seeing that Fame has perished this long while.}
i{Being but a part of ancient ceremony -- }
i{Notorious, till all my priceless things}
i{Are but a post the passing dogs defile.}

No comments:

Post a Comment