Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bernard Shaw - Angels

Angels

I believe in Angels that guard me night and day,
One, my particular favourite has come with me to stay.
He has been with me for many a long year,
Helping me to be safe and live a life without fear.
I have not seen him but I know that he is there,
He looks after me with a constant loving care.
When I am on holiday by the ever-restless sea,
He takes me by the hand and just cares for me.
If I climb a mountain, he is by my side,
Steers me away from that dangerous mountain slide.
His guiding hands help me cross a busy street,
Tossing aside all dangers that I should perchance to meet.
When I go to bed and fall into a deep sleep,
He will with his powers all harm from me keep.
In the morning when I waken to a new day,
He will be there to guard me and help me on my way.
I have never thanked him for all his love and care,
Perhaps he will be happy if I send him a little prayer.
One day we will meet he and I face to face,
Then I can really thank him and all that guard the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment