Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bernard Shaw - AN EVENING OUT

AN EVENING OUT

I'll wear my Tails, You your new gown,

Then my love we'll do the town.

Dinner at Luigi's, Maxim's or Chez Nous,

The choice my Dear I'll leave up to you.

We'll eat of the best with lots of champagne,

For who knows when we I can afford it again.

I won on the races, it was not a lot,

A man gave me a tip on a very long shot.

The horse came in by a very short head,

I won't tell you what the bookmaker said.

Wear all of your jewels, you have not got many,

But at least we'll look posh as I spend my last penny.

Pay no attention if the waiter looks cross,

For once in my life, I'll be the boss.

And when we have eaten and I've paid the bill,

We will watch the waiter place the money in the till.

And if I can afford it we will do it again soon,

Now we will have to walk home by the light of the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment