Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bernard Shaw - Dawn Chorus

Dawn Chorus

I listened to the dawn chorus,
Birds were greeting the new day.
Were they singing praise to Horus,
As they had in Egypt’s ancient way.
Or were they glad to be alive,
As darkness turned to blessed light.
Feeding their fledglings so to thrive,
That they may too enjoy this thrilling sight.
Awakening to the early morning dew,
Feeling the warmth of the new sun.
A privilege granted to but a few,
For many the daylight do but shun.
I have listened to the bird’s greetings,
When all around was calm and still.
To me they were happy meetings,
That still gives me a tremendous thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment