Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bernard Shaw - FARMER GILES

FARMER GILES

I went to visit Old Farmer Giles,
I crossed most fields by way of stiles.
In some were Cows in others Sheep,
Most were grazing, some asleep.
Then I came to a five barred gate,
Now I really had to wait.
For in this field was big old Bull,
It took a long time till his belly was full.
Over a ditch and through a hedge,
Where a couple of Horses pulled a sledge.
On to the road that passes the mill,
The rest of the way went down hill.
Along the common by the old Oak,
Past the pond where the Frogs do croak.
I must have walked at least five miles,
And I still haven't come to Farmer Giles.
Perhaps he lives behind that group of trees,
So on I plod with wobbly knees.
At long last I come to a Farm,
With Pig stalls and a very large Barn.
Boldly I walked up to the front door,
Out came a man that looked rather sore.
Good Morning I said, Are you Farmer Giles?
No! I'm the Doctor, The Farmer has got Piles.
So I opened the door and went on in,
The Farmers Wife was tall and thin.
What you've come all this way to see Farmer Giles,
And him lying in bed a nursing his piles.
Come back tomorrow, when he's up and about,
So I bid her, Good Day and went on out.
On the way home it poured down with rain,
Come back tomorrow, I wont bother again.
You see I don't know Old Farmer Giles,
Going to see him was just one of my wile's.

No comments:

Post a Comment