Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bernard Shaw - MY CLOTHES ETCETERA

MY CLOTHES ETCETERA

I looked in my wardrobe the other day.
I wanted to hear what my clothes had to say.
My best blue suit, the one with the stripes.
Said, 'Hop it you, you give me the gripes.'
My overcoat, I only bought it last Spring,
Said, 'Leave me in peace, You stupid thing.'
You should have heard what my blue jeans said,
'Don't wake us up we just gone to bed.'
I next looked to see if my trousers were in place.
They cried out, 'Hey you go and wash your face.'
Next I inspected my chest of drawers.
Where my underwear is laid out in sets of fours.
Four pants, four vests and four shirts,
Said don't iron us again, it burns and that hurts.
I'm not going to my wardrobe again,
I'll go abroad, perhaps to Spain.
There I'll buy me some new clothes.
You can have the others, I've finished with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment