Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bernard Shaw - Just a Day Dream

Just a Day Dream

Fairies are deep in the woods playing with the many coloured butterflies.
I am sitting comfortably on a log pretending to be looking up at the skies.
The peaceful surroundings make my eyelids so heavy with a want to sleep.
Suddenly my eyes do close and I am in the midst of a flock of fairy sheep.
A black and white collie sheep dog keeps the rambling sheep together.
My mind drifts and wanders I am now as light as the proverbial feather.
The scene now changes ever so slowly as if guided by a magical hand.
I am now wandering through the wonderful country known as Fairyland.
Leprechauns dressed in russet browns and greens ask me the time of day.
Pixies, Imps, and Trolls are looking for fun and want just with me to play.
All is coloured in sunshine’s rays of gold, not a cloud to be seen in the sky.
But wait, what is that? Ah a green dragon with wings is slowly flying by.
Small thatched cottages sprinkled here and there among the forest trees.
This is something I know that would all of the little children highly please.
In a clearing I saw the famous Pegasus the white flying horse with its wings.
It was nibbling at some green grass and ignored the Fairies on the swings.
Yes Fairies were swinging on swings that were made by the Leprechauns.
Then I saw a most beautiful animal on its head was a long snow white horn.
Slowly a long procession of the little folk made its way to where I was sitting.
Then I saw the Fairy Queen with a long silken gown that was very fitting.
On her head a crown with diamonds and beautiful white pearls set in gold.
Should I bow? Should I speak? As a humble human should I be so bold?
The Fairy Queen smiled at me and wished me the most wonderful of days.
My! she looked so divinely beautiful in the sunshine’s most golden of rays.
Then suddenly a loud noise it was like a clap of thunder to my poor old ears.
I admit I quickly awoke bathed in sweat from some horrible unknown fears.
It was just the noise from a bough that broke away from one of the Oak trees.
It was you know very, very distressing and had me shaking at my knees.
I still believe in Fairies and will do for the rest of I hope my very long life.
Perhaps you can just picture the fairies and me with my lovely wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment