Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bernard Shaw - My Favourite Hymns

My Favourite Hymns

They are singing my favourite Hymns again,
In the Chapel on top of the hill,
I quietly join in with each refrain,
And still feel the age-old thrill.

The thrill I felt as a young boy,
When religion governed my life.
Singing has always been my one great joy,
Taking me away from all lowly strife.

I was once a boy in the choir,
A soprano voice was mine.
My heart was full of desire,
I sang each note so fine.

Sundays in the Chapel I sang,
Choir practice twice a week,
My voice loud and clear rang,
For my Lord I did feverishly seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment