Old London Bridge - Only for Poets

Old London  Bridge - Only  for Poets
Connecting the Poets who digging heart of me Still death - Sabarnasri

HEARTY WELCOME & HAVE A NICE STAY

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bernard Shaw - Princess

Princess

I will call you princess for that is what you are.
A wonderful smiling being that came from another star.
Lovely large brown eyes and a perfect little face,
Make me feel so good to belong to the human race.
Your Mother pushes your perambulator out into the fresh air,
You sit and gurgle, smiling without a single care.
A blessing you are to my old weary eyes,
Every time I see you I get a new surprise.
You are as pretty as a picture I once saw in a book.
Now when I see your perambulator I always stop to look.
You lift my spirits and I am happy to see once more,
A sweet little lady that pleases me to the core.
I pray that I may live a few more years on earth,
Just to see you grow and fill my life with mirth.
For nothing is as important to a man like me,
To see a childish spirit that is obviously so free.
May you grow into an adult that abounds with pleasure,
For in my old heart you will always be my treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment